Help students understand numerous careers in a career pathway.
How can Talent Link help?
Area sector boards, schools and organizations all plan and coordinate career expos. Talent Link staff can assist your company in determining the best way to highlight or create activities based on the careers being highlighted.
Sign up in the Career Cruising Network to participate. The Career Cruising Network is used in schools in Rock Island, Mercer, Henry, and Stark Counties in Illinois and Scott County in Iowa. The network also serves as a resource for career intermediaries working with schools and students in Clinton, Henry, Jackson, Louisa, and Muscatine Counties.
Tips for Career Expos
- If you are in the manufacturing, information technology, allied health, or transportation/logistics sectors, contact your Talent Link representative to get involved with area career expos.
- Be strategic about the career(s) you highlight. Based on the age of participants, what type of employees do you anticipate will be needed when those participants enter the workforce?
- After finding out about the expectations for vendors, format of the event, etc., tailor your display/activity.
- Work with Talent Link staff to ensure that your display/activity is age-appropriate.
- When possible, coordinate with other businesses to ensure that your display/activity is unique.
- Give-aways with your company name and logo serve as a reminder to students of the event and what they learned about your company and careers. In open house format events, they also entice students to stop and look at your display and ask questions.