Project-based learning answers the question, “why do we need to learn this”? It can be used for objectives that tend to be difficult or boring for students, and can often result in better understanding and higher levels of interest.
How can Talent Link help?
- If you have an idea for project-based learning curriculum, contact your Talent Link representative. Staff can work to help business partners develop activities/lessons that align with classroom learning needs. They can also help market the learning opportunity to area schools and educators.
Tips for project-based learning providers
- Work closely with Talent Link and school staff to align your project to student learning.
- One great project shared with multiple schools throughout the year, makes a major impact!
- Focus on hands-on, real world applications. Wear your uniform, and bring pictures and items related to your project.
- Talk about careers in your organization related to the project.
- Who is involved in this type of work?
- What type of training/education do they have?
- What is a typical pathway for the careers you mention?
- What can students in high school do to prepare for these careers?