Your students are officially invited to attend the Manufacturing for Me Video Series hosted by the Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois Advanced Manufacturing Sector Board during the month of October! The video series will introduce students to the manufacturing industry.
As a regional Sector Board, it is our goal to provide area students with valuable and engaging manufacturing content so they can make informed career, college, and life decisions in the years ahead of them.
While we are unable to host tours, job shadows, and other work based learning experiences this year, we are excited to offer this video series in an attempt to provide an engaging, real world experience for students! The virtual platform has many benefits including the ability to host an unlimited number of students while showcasing a wide variety of manufacturing facilities from across the Quad Cities region. The recommended audiences for the video series are 8th graders and teachers, but students at all levels will find these videos very relevant and interesting.
These engaging videos are led by employees from local manufacturing companies and highlight technologies within the industry. Targeted to those interested in manufacturing careers, the webinar series includes short pre-recorded demonstration videos from local manufacturers and is available on our YouTube channel today, October 2nd - National Manufacturing Day. You can also view the videos using the YouTube playlist found here.
Following the release of the video series, we intend to host a live panel session via Zoom for students to virtually interact with some of the manufacturers showcased in the videos. Throughout this panel discussion, attendees will hear what it is like to work in manufacturing, learn about the lifestyles possible with a manufacturing career, and so much more! Look for more information soon. This is an experience you don’t want to miss!
Below are some best practices in sharing this virtual experience with your students:
- Playing the Manufacturing Webinar Series for students in a face-to-face classroom setting
- Posting the Manufacturing Webinar Series on your Google Classroom and assigning discussion questions
- Posting the Manufacturing Webinar Series on your Google Classroom and doing a face-to-face discussion/game/activity about the video(s)
- Sharing the Manufacturing Webinar Series via email/newsletter with students and their guardians
- Pushing the Manufacturing Webinar Series out via Career Guidance System (Xello, Career Cruising, Navigator, etc) as an assignment to students with an interest/strength in manufacturing
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Manufacturing for Me Video Series. We look forward to hosting your students!
Sector Board Chairperson
Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois Advanced Manufacturing Sector Board